(REVISED FEBRUARY 2014 for 2014 SEASON)
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER:
The rules and/or
regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of
racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events
and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have
complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY
SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES
All drivers must have a current Shadyhill Speedway Driver Identification Card and a completed and signed driver’s agreement on file at the pit gate entrance building in order to be eligible to race. The application fee is ten dollars ($10.00) and there will not be any payoff without presenting the Shadyhill Speedway Driver’s I.D. Card. Any prize money not collected by the final points race of the season will be forfeited. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS! Any violation of the driver’s agreement will be treated as follows: First violation will result in loss of all monies and points for the evening’s events Second violation will result in loss of all monies for the evening’s events and loss of all points to date.
IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DRIVER
* 1ST OFFENSE – $500.00 MINIMUM
FINE, SUSPENDED FROM THE NEXT TWO (2) RACING EVENTS, EXCLUDING RAIN-OUTS,
* 2ND OFFENSE - $1,000.00 MINIMUM
FINE, SUSPENDED FROM SHADYHILL
* ANY FINES LEVIED ON ANY DRIVER OR PIT CREW MEMBER WILL BE MATCHED BY THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS DEDUCTED FROM DRIVER’S POINTS EARNED TO DATE.
* ANY PERSON WHO IS NOT A DRIVER OR PIT CREW
MEMBER WHO INSTIGATES PROBLEMS IN THE PITS WILL HAVE THEIR PIT PASS REVOKED
IMMEDIATELY, ESCORTED OFF OF SPEEDWAY PROPERTY,
The track reserves the right to determine the intent and specifications contained herein. The track also retains the option to update, delete, add, or amend any rule that it deems in the best interest of the track. Anything not covered herein should be checked with the proper official before proceeding. Track general and safety rules supercede sanctioning body rules.
IF IT DOESN’T
THAT MEANS YOU CAN’T DO IT.
IF IN DOUBT – ASK A TRACK OFFICIAL.
THE DECISION OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS IS FINAL!!!
If races are incomplete due to weather prior to consis and/or features, races are considered a complete rain-out. Line-ups, heats, time trials, mud laps, etc. will NOT count. These races will not be entered into the books and points will not be given. Rain-out tickets and/or bands will be honored over the next two (2) scheduled events after the rain-out date. Employees of Shadyhill Speedway MUST be able to read the complete number of the rain ticket and/or band upon presentation. If number is not readable, rain ticket and/or band will not be honored.
Once consis and/or features have started and are canceled due to weather, races will be completed upon a day deemed appropriate for the track schedule, usually on the following race date. Once consis and/or features have begun, tickets and/or bands will NOT be considered rain tickets and will NOT be honored for any future events.
Any person whose pit pass has been accidentally removed from their wrist must produce pit pass to pit gate for trade in for a new band. Any person found in the pits without a pit pass will be prosecuted with a charge of theft and restitution of pit pass fee and a fine of fifty dollars ($50.00).
Season awards are based on weekly average minimum field car count. If weekly average is below minimum field car count, season awards will be adjusted accordingly. Each class will receive a minimum of three (3) three-foot trophies.
GENERAL RACE PROCEDURES
1. DRIVERS: More than one driver per vehicle per night will be allowed if the change is reported to the pit steward prior to heat races. Any unreported change will result in the vehicle being moved to the rear of the pack. Automatic disqualification and/or fine of vehicle for evening if not followed. A vehicle may only compete in one class per night. Driver may compete in more than one class. Entry fee for other class(es) is the same as the first class. Driver must declare his/her other class(es) when signing in at the pit gate. All fees must be paid at that time or driver will forfeit his/her highest earnings for that night. The driver qualifies for the race, not the car. Any car changes will start at the back of the race.
4. All classes will draw for position.
5. STAGING AREA: It is the responsibility of the driver and/or owner to make sure his vehicle is safe and race ready, and to have his vehicle in the staging area on the white flag of the previous race, or he WILL start at the back of his race. All required safety equipment (helmet, gloves, suit, window net/arm restraint, 5-point harness, etc) must be properly worn and secured or car will be sent to pits and not allowed to compete in that race. Any driver that did not draw for starting position will be placed to the rear of any line-up.
6. RESTARTS ON FIRST LAP: The race is officially started when the leader reaches the start/finish line. Lineups for restarts are the same as when the race started. Any yellows during the start of a race will be charged to the driver(s) who caused the yellow. Third restart will be single file at the flag stand / cone. If front row causes two (2) false starts, front row will be sent to the back.
7. YELLOW /
10. WORKING ON VEHICLE WHILE ON TRACK: Any car that requires any mechanical or cosmetic work under caution while the field is moving will lose its race position, unless under red or at the direction of an official. Under red light conditions and ONLY AT THE DIRECTION OF AN OFFICIAL, driver may work on car. No pit crew allowed on track for assistance. Car must be able to resume racing when red light conditions are over. Any car that is not race ready will lose its position and will go to the back. Drivers must stay in their own vehicle on the track unless under the direction of an official or unless there is a fire.
12. PITTING DURING THE
RACE: Only under the discretion of the track officials
during special shows and then only in the designated pit area under yellow flag
conditions will drivers be allowed back on the track. During regular shows, NO PITTING ALLLOWED! Any
vehicle that goes into the pit after initial green flag is dropped
13. SPEEDING IN PITS: Any driver who speeds in the pits will be immediately required to pack up their racing car and gear, escorted off of speedway property, and will lose all monies and points for the night.
14. ROUGH OR RECKLESS DRIVING: Will NOT be tolerated. If black flagged for rough or reckless driving, driver will be sent to the pits and points and monies for that race only will be scored to 20th place in feature, or last place if more than 20 cars begin feature race, and/or last place in heat race. All other drivers will regain position under yellow / black condition only.
15. STOPPING ON THE TRACK: Anyone stopping on the track will be placed to the back of the line-up unless told otherwise by an official.
16. OFFICIAL PROTEST: All protests must be in writing with one hundred dollars ($100.00) cash fee posted. This must be posted with the pit steward prior to consis and features. After protesting driver completes form, posts fee, and feature of protested class is complete, driver must submit his vehicle for COMPLETE inspection before the protested vehicle is inspected.
· If protesting vehicle passes inspection, he will receive fifty dollars ($50.00) back and the protested vehicle will then be inspected. If protested vehicle fails inspection, protested vehicle will be disqualified and remaining fifty dollars ($50.00) will be paid to track.
· If protesting vehicle fails inspection, protesting vehicle will be disqualified and will forfeit the full protest fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) to the track and the protested vehicle will NOT be inspected.
If protested vehicle passes inspection,
protested vehicle will receive the remaining fifty dollars ($50.00). Any affected driver/owner may file and the purse
for that race will not be paid until final decision is made by officials. Once protest has been filed and monies paid,
protest will be enforced in
17. TRACK RESERVES THE
RIGHT TO TEAR DOWN ANY ENGINE THAT
19. BODY APPEARANCE: Prefer a bright, neat paint job. No metallic numbers or paint allowed. Arabic numbers ONLY (1, 2, 3, etc.). The numbers must be on both doors and the roof (facing the stands). It is recommended to have the number on the front and rear at least four inches (4”) high. Alcohol vehicles MUST have an “A” by vehicle number. This “A” is to be bright red in a circular white background and must be at least 4” high. This must be designated for emergency purposes.
20. BRAKES: Must be in good working condition.
22. Intentional dumping of any oil products on Shadyhill Speedway property will result in:
* loading of vehicle and being escorted off of property
* payment of cleanup costs and fees
* prosecution to the fullest extent of the law
24. WEIGHT: If weights are added they must be securely bolted with ˝” or more threaded rod and painted white with car number on each weight.
25. SCALES: Any car is subject to crossing scales after competing in any race.
28. DRIVESHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE. HOOPMUST BE PRESENT TO KEEP DRIVESHAFT FROM FALLING TO GROUND.
29. DRIVER’S SEAT: Racing seat is mandatory. Seat must be properly and securely mounted to frame and/or roll cage.
30. DRIVER’S HARNESS: Five (5) point, three (3) inch wide racing
harness is mandatory. Harness must be Snell Foundation, Inc. (
31. SAFETY: APPROVED FIRESUIT, RACING GLOVES, and U S
32. DOCTOR’S RELEASE: Shadyhill Speedway management reserve the right to request a doctor’s release at any time, for a driver to participate at Shadyhill Speedway.
33. RACECEIVERS: Mandatory in all classes. No other electronic communication devices or cameras allowed in or on racecar
34. DRIVER’S AGES: Age for each non-sanctioned class is as follows:
age through adult
(Class Specifications begin on page 11)
Teen-4……12 years through 19
years of age of the current season
(Class Specifications begin on page 16)
Any driver under the age
of 18 must have an original minor’s release form on file at the pit gate
entrance building. This original form
must be signed by the minor driver’s legal guardian and notarized. Any minor driver 12 or 13 years of age must
also have a copy of his/her birth certificate on file with their original
minor’s release form at the pit gate entrance building. Paperwork will not be carried forward from
the previous year. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
35. SANCTIONED CLASSES:
UMP MODIFIED – MUST MEET UMP SPECIFICATIONS (see UMP website for specs.)
UMP STOCK CAR – MUST MEET UMP SPECIFICATIONS (see UMP website for specs.)
I-MOD – MUST MEET
Be aware that drivers/car owners are responsible for all current general and class rules. Please remember that the track reserves the right to determine the intent and specifications contained herein. The decision of the track officials is final. If there are any questions, please contact a track official for explanation.