Home | About Us | Rules | Schedule | Tickets | Payout | Points | Photos | Affiliates | Links
(REVISED November 2012 for 2013 SEASON)
Be aware that drivers/car owners are responsible for all current general and class rules. Please remember that the track reserves the right to determine the intent and specifications contained herein. The decision of the track officials is final. If there are any questions, please contact a track official for explanation.
PURE STREET SPECIFICATIONS:
1. BODY: Any U.S. manufactured full frame steel body car or ½ ton pick up with a minimum wheel base of one hundred eight (108) inches. No unibody vehicles other than Chrysler products with a minimum wheel base of one hundred twelve (112) inches. Frames may be patched with flat stock four (4) inches beyond repaired area only. Frame between rear bumper and rear spring pocket may be replaced with a piece of tube. No boxing of frames. No skinning of sheet metal other than driver’s door, front passenger’s door, hood, and trunk lid. Hole may be cut in hood to allow for air breather clearance. May run mud deflector or rear opening hood scoop for air cleaner no more than two (2) inches high. Air cleaner cannot be higher than mud deflector. All skinned doors must have door bars. Dash may be removed if replaced with a bar 1 ½ inches .090 wall tubing tied in with roll cage. May cut hole in trunk pan or pick up bed so fuel can get away from interior of vehicle in case of fuel cell rupture. Hole can be no larger than eight (8) inches over the width and length of fuel cell. Front wheel wells may be removed. If it unbolts, removal is permitted. Fender, door panel, and quarter panel can be replaced with sheet metal beginning four inches (4”) from top body line. No flat panel. Stock appearing body line required. No other metal can be cut from body. No fuel cells allowed in interior of vehicle. Stock floor pan, trunk pan and pick up bed floors must remain intact except as mentioned above. Pick up gates cannot be skinned. Outer fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance only. No skinning of rear wheel wells. Tires must fit under vehicle. Front grill area, both fiberglass and plastic, may be replaced with flat plastic/sheet metal or after market nose pieces. Both body and frame must be completely stock other than the above mentioned areas. No frame alterations of any kind. No cutting, no notching, no sectioning, etc. No grafting other make and model front stubs allowed. No exceptions! Stock front and rear bumpers for make and model only. Bumpers may be replaced with round or square tubing no more than two (2) inches OD and .125 wall. Replacement bumpers must be in stock location and end of bumper must curve back toward the tire. End of bumper cannot curl back and connect to the side of the frame. Side support is allowed on tube bumper if connected to tube in front of frame horn. Tube end must remain open for measuring purposes. Support tubing from the roll cage to the bumper is not allowed. All glass, window regulators and flammable materials such as seat, head liners, plastics, carpeting, etc. must be removed. Stock break pedal and stock after market clutch pedal must remain in original stock locations. Doors, hoods, trunk lids and tailgates must be secured so they will not open on impact. Hood pins permitted on hoods and trunks. Stock firewall must be unaltered and in stock location. Must have rear firewall of aluminum or steel the full width of vehicle. Car and pick up interior must be open. No cockpits allowed. Pick ups may have a steel cover on bed but must be removable and secured properly. Hood pins allowed. No moving of body forward, backward or side to side allowed. May run rear spoiler no more than four (4) inches high and no more than forty five (45) degree angle measured from rear deck. No rear scoops allowed. No exceptions!
2. ROLL CAGE: Roll cage must be at least four (4) point 1 ½ inch .090 wall tubing with driver side door protection. Refer to general rules for side door protection. Roll cage must be built in such a way so as not to collapse in the event of a rollover. Rear hoops required for protection of fuel cell and must be tied in with main cage. Front hoop tied to main cage is highly recommended or one bar for radiator protection tied to chassis. Front hoop or bar and rear hoop must be inside of grill and trunk panel and not visible on outside of car or pick up body.
3. SPRINGS AND SUSPENSION: Must be stock type spring for make and model vehicle. No alteration of springs allowed. Springs and suspension must be mounted in original stock location. No lowering blocks, weight jacks, spacers, etc. allowed. Only one spring per wheel. No traction devices of any kind allowed. No lift bars, pull bars, traction bars, track bars, panard bars, ladder bars, etc. stock or otherwise allowed. No torque link between transmission and rear end. No torque link bars of any kind allowed, stock or otherwise. Upper and lower “A” frames must be stock. Front spindles must be stock for cars and pick ups.
4. SHOCKS: After market shocks allowed, no more than 50/50 ratio. No coilovers, sliders, or adjustable, etc. allowed. No aluminum shocks allowed. Only one shock per wheel mounted in original stock location for make and model of vehicle.
5. BRAKES: O.E.M. production master cylinder and brakes only. No aluminum component allowed other than O.E.M. master cylinder. Only one master cylinder allowed. No drilling of brake rotors and no single disc rotors allowed. Right front brake can have a shut off valve if shut off valve is located under the hood. No controls of any kind in vehicle interior.
6. STEERING: Must be stock for make and model of vehicle. No aluminum allowed. No alteration of any kind allowed. Must be located in original stock location. No tilt steering columns allowed. May be replaced with straight steering column or steering shaft with a minimum of two (2) universal joints in steering shaft between firewall and steering box. Quick disconnect steering wheels allowed. Must be stock tie rods and ball joints. No tube tie rod, heim joints or after-market drag links allowed. No rack and pinion, no center point, no steering quickeners, etc. allowed. No exceptions!
7. REAR END: Stock production rear end or Ford nine inch (9”) rear ends. Floaters allowed. Tires must remain inside fenders and quarter panels. Rear end must be locked or spool.
8. WHEELS AND TIRES: After market steel wheels, stock steel wheels, or wagon wheels allowed and must be no wider than eight (8) inches. Wheels can be reinforced. Tires must pass ten (10) inch hoop, DOT street tires only. No beadlocks allowed. No screwing tires to wheels, no racing tires, no studded tires, or recaps. No off-road tires of any kind allowed. Grinding and any other alterations not allowed. All wheel weights must be removed. Wheel studs on right side must be ½” minimum and must have oversized nuts on all four (4) wheels.
9. ENGINES: Engine and body must be of same manufacture such as Ford to Ford, GM to GM, etc. Stock production cast iron engine and heads only. Engines must be mounted in stock location. Solid mounts or tie down chains acceptable. No setbacks allowed. No factory performance heads such as Chevrolet small block angle plug heads, bowtie, double hump heads, Vortec, Ford SVO, etc. allowed. Aluminum valve covers and aluminum water pumps allowed. Steel pulleys only. No after market heads of any kind. No porting, polishing or pocket porting. No deburring of any kind on heads or manifolds. Screw-in or pinned studs allowed. No racing engines or parts, super chargers, turbo chargers, nitrous oxide, alcohol, nitro, etc. All engines must be stock stroke. Chevy engines must use 5.7 rods only. No fuel injection or computers allowed. Engine must be naturally aspirated. Stock mechanical fuel pump only and must be block mounted and in stock location. No roller cams, roller rockers, or roller tip rockers. Rockers must be stamped steel only. No stud girdles allowed. Raised crank case breathers allowed. Screw in studs, after market rod bolts, lifter valley pan allowed. Must use stock starters. No solid lift cams allowed. Valves can be no larger than 1.94 intake and 1.50 exhaust. Flat top pistons with a minimum of two (2) valve reliefs will be allowed in all engines. All Chevrolet 400 motors and all big block motors are not allowed. No dome pistons allowed. No machining beyond valve seat. No factory high-performance engines allowed. No mini starters allowed. Engine must be able to idle at eight hundred fifty (850) RPM with a minimum of sixteen (16) inches of vacuum measured by the track vacuum gage and equipment at time of inspection. Must have a direct port in intake for vacuum check. No more than one hundred eighty (180) pounds of compression allowed at time of inspection with track gage. Procedure for compression test is as follows: * removal of all eight (8) spark plugs * carburetor butterfly wired open * compression test done on any one (1) random cylinder with track gage until pumping stops * all cars will be checked on the same cylinder. If compression measures over one hundred eighty (180) pounds, car will declared illegal.
10. INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS: Stock production cast iron 2-barrel or 4-barrel intake manifold only. No high rise manifolds, stock or otherwise allowed. No bowtie, after-market, etc. allowed. Stock production cast iron exhaust manifolds only. No center dump manifolds allowed. No porting, polishing or deburring of manifolds allowed. Must run exhaust pipe off each manifold or behind Y pipe a minimum of two (2) feet long and maximum of two (2) inches in diameter. No headers allowed.
11. CARBURETOR: Holley 4412 carburetor on all cars is mandatory. Must be gauge legal. Must remove choke plate and shaft. One (1) air filter element with a maximum height of four (4) inches may be used.
12. IGNITION: Must be stock H.E.I. production distributor ignition only. No capacitive discharge ignition systems. No racing ignition systems including ignition modules and ignition coil. No MSD, Accel, Mallory, etc. ignition components except spark plug wires.
13. TRANSMISSION: Only stock productions O.E.M. manual or automatic transmissions allowed. No powerglide transmission allowed. Manual transmissions must have a stock single disc clutch inside an explosion-proof bell housing or scatter shield of at least ¼” x 6” steel covering clutch area from top down both sides one hundred eighty (180) degrees total and be securely fastened. After market clutch pedal assembly may be used.
Automatic transmissions: Stock production O.E.M. automatic transmission with torque converter only. No couplers, racing transmissions, powerglide transmissions, etc. allowed. Stock torque converters for transmission must be used. No transmission cooler in driver’s compartment.
14. RADIATOR: Aluminum radiator allowed. No other cooling devices other than radiator in front of engine. Only one radiator allowed.
15. DRIVESHAFT: Stock steel driveshaft must be painted white with driveshaft hoop no further back than six (6) inches behind front universal joint.
16. WEIGHT: Must weigh three thousand two hundred (3,200) pounds minimum with driver in vehicle on track scales after feature race.
17. BATTERY: Batteries are covered under General Rules, #19.
18. MISCELLANEOUS: No driver adjustable controls of any kind inside driver’s compartment. Track reserves the right to transfer vehicle to UMP Stock Car Class if vehicle does not remain “Pure Street” and rules contained herein are not followed.
19. NOTE FROM TRACK PROMOTOR: The Pure Street class is meant to be a competitive, low cost class in which to race. Please do not make racing more expensive than it has to be by using parts not allowed in the Pure Street Class or the vehicle will be disqualified if racing in this class. The driver/owner does have the choice to register and run the vehicle in UMP Stock Car Class.
Home | About Us | Rules | Schedule | Tickets | Payout | Points | Photos | Affiliates | Links